As the daughter of a veteran who fought during a time where the general public protested our country’s attempt to bring democracy to a part of the world being overrun with political beliefs not founded there, I am sadden at how he was treated upon his return stateside. No soldier or their family should have to endure what he did. Even today, while we all have our thoughts and opinions on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, at least we treat our soldiers much better than my dad and his generation received as a homecoming. Our military puts their lives on the line every day — and their families sacrifice as well …
After much consideration and thought, I wanted to offer something to our soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines that would be priceless … and more than a periodic donation to the military charities I support … thus the creation of the CMP Gives Back — US Armed Forces Program.
(1) Any person who is serving in an active duty or reservist capacity in the US Army/Army Reserve, US Navy/Navy Reserve, US Marine Corps/Reserves, US Air Force/Air Force Reserve, US Coast Guard/Coast Guard Reserve, and the Texas Army and Air National Guards.
(2) Any veteran in good standing (medical discharge or honorable discharge) — WWII through the Iraq/Afghanistan wars.
(3) Immediate families of deployed personnel in any of the branches listed in #1.
(4) Immediate families of soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines who have been killed or wounded in action, or who have been classified as missing in action.
What do you receive:
The choice of either – Waived fee for a 30 minute mini portraiture session at one location and one outfit with the solider/sailor/airman/marine by themself — or a session with the miltary member and their family, significant other/spouse, children, or case of deployed personnel, a solo adult individual session for their spouse.
– Half price on the creative fee for a custom portraiture session lasting 60 to 90 minutes at up to two locations and two outfits (1/2 price is $100).
– Session to be held in Henderson, Kaufman, Van Zandt, Smith, Cherokee, Anderson, or Navarro Counties (soldier’s hometown prior to service or family’s current residence).
– All CMP Gives Back — US Armed Forces session participants will also receive either an 8×10 or (2) 5×7 prints of images of their choice. Additional prints are available for purchase at 10% off.
What do I need to do to set up a session?
– Complete this special contact form for military families — available here.
– Proof of military service is required — U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW), Photograph in uniform, DD214, or Citation or Commendation.
– Limit one session per military family per calendar year.
– Images are archived should families desire purchasing digital files at a later date.
– Limited availability — due to weekend scheduling of sessions, only a limited number of session slots are available each month.
– This is not a limited time special — as long as CMP’s doors are open for business, this program will be available to our nation’s military families.